THE RIGHT THINKER

Get the Uncensored News You Want!

Trump To Seek Independent Review of Docs Seized By FBI During Mar-a-Lago Search

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on telegram
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp
Share on email


Advertisement


OPINION: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author’s opinion.


Former President Donald Trump wants some satisfaction regarding the FBI’s recent raid of his Mar-a-Lago estate.

According to reports Monday afternoon, Trump plans to ask a federal court for an independent third-party review of documents taken from his Palm Beach, Fla., residence by the FBI earlier this month following an hours-long search.

“The request for a so-called special master to review the documents could be filed as soon as Monday in Florida, the person said, requesting anonymity because the matter isn’t public. Trump also plans to ask for a court order requiring the Department of Justice to provide more details about the property that was seized and to return materials that weren’t covered by the warrant, the person said,” Bloomberg News reported.

Advertisement

The outlet continued:

Trump had previously asserted that some of the records taken from his Mar-a-Lago resort were protected by attorney-client privilege.

Federal Bureau of Investigation agents carted away about 20 boxes containing 11 sets of classified documents — some of them labeled top secret — following the Aug. 8 search. Trump’s passports have already been returned, and it’s unclear what documents the former president claims are protected by the privilege.





Conservative Brief

More Stories

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *