THE RIGHT THINKER

Get the Uncensored News You Want!

Joe Biden Claims He Had No Advanced Notice Of FBI’s Raid On Mar-a-Lago

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on telegram
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp
Share on email


Advertisement


OPINION: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author’s opinion.


President Joe Biden issued a direct response on Wednesday when asked about the FBI’s raid on former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate earlier this month.

During an event at the White House, Biden announced his student loan forgiveness plan and then took a few questions from reporters,

“How much advance notice did you have of the FBI’s plan to raid Mar-a-Lago?” Fox News reporter Peter Doocy asked Biden.

Advertisement

“I didn’t have any advance notice. None. Zero. Not one single bit,” Biden said before turning around and walking away.

WATCH:

A federal judge in Florida gave Trump until Friday to refine the legal arguments in his request for an independent third-party review of documents taken from Mar-a-Lago by the FBI earlier this month following an hours-long search.

Advertisement

“District Court Judge Aileen Cannon in the Southern District of Florida ordered Trump’s lawyers to elaborate on their arguments for why the court has the ability to step in at this time, explain what exactly Trump is asking for and whether the Justice Department has been served with Trump’s special master motion,” CNN reported.

“Cannon also asked Trump’s team to weigh in on any effect the request might have on a separate review conducted by a magistrate judge into whether any portions of the still-sealed FBI affidavit laying out probable cause for the search can be released,” the report added.

Earlier this week, Trump filed a motion for a “special master” to review the documents taken from Mar-a-Lago instead of the Department of Justice.

“The request for a so-called special master to review the documents could be filed as soon as Monday in Florida, the person said, requesting anonymity because the matter isn’t public. Trump also plans to ask for a court order requiring the Department of Justice to provide more details about the property that was seized and to return materials that weren’t covered by the warrant, the person said,” Bloomberg News reported.

Meanwhile, U.S. Magistrate Bruce Reinhart, the judge who approved the FBI’s search warrant, rejected an argument from the Department of Justice and admitted the FBI’s raid on former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate was “unprecedented.”

In a Monday morning filing, Reinhart rejected the Justice Department’s argument to keep the affidavit “sealed,” citing the “intense public and historical interest.”

Reinhart wrote that he rejects “the Government’s argument that the present record justifies keeping the entire Affidavit under seal.”

“The Government argues that even requiring it to redact portions of the Affidavit that could not reveal agent identities or investigative sources and methods imposes an undue burden on its resources and sets a precedent that could be disruptive and burdensome in future cases,” Reinhart wrote. “I do not need to reach the question of whether, in some other case, these concerns could justify denying public access; they very well might.”

He added: “Particularly given the intense public and historical interest in an unprecedented search of a former President’s residence, the Government has not yet shown that these administrative concerns are sufficient to justify sealing.”

Reinhart said he has given the Justice Department an “opportunity to propose redactions if I declined to seal the entire Affidavit,” something he granted last week, giving the government a deadline of Thursday, Aug. 25 at noon.

“Accordingly, it is hereby ORDERED that by the deadline, the Government shall file under seal a submission addressing possible redactions and providing any additional evidence or legal argument that the Government believes relevant to the pending Motions to Unseal,” the motion states.

During the highly anticipated hearing in the West Palm Beach Division of Florida last Thursday, Reinhart said he will unseal some of the procedural filings currently under seal on the search warrant docket.

“I am not prepared to find that the affidavit should be fully sealed,” the judge said, meaning that, at minimum, some of the affidavit will be revealed.





Conservative Brief

More Stories

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.